Full-time | Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
Founded in 2015, Kasada is an Australian cybersecurity company dedicated to fighting malicious automation and enabling companies to protect their own and their customers’ data from these threats.
In three short years Kasada has established itself as a cybersecurity industry leader. Kasada’s Polyform platform gives customers unrivalled visibility and security of their web applications; and protects against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Kasada works with leading organisations in Australia and the USA in many verticals including retail, online gaming, financial services, media, ticketing and utilities.
As a leader in the bot mitigation space, we’ve built a platform that is more than just HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting, and we solve difficult problems on a daily basis at massive scale. We handle the traffic of some of the largest sites in Australia and the US, and we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to help us evolve our platform and practices.
Kasada has raised more than $4 million from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program, which has allowed it to quickly acquire a pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
Working at Kasada is more than a job. You’ll be joining a dynamic and innovative team helping evolve web application protection, delivering cybersecurity best-practices, and building amazing and impactful technology for our customers.
As a security analyst working with our team in Australia, you will be responsible for:
- Performing analysis on HTTP traffic logs and correlate with web browser environments to identify current and emerging threat landscapes and actors
- Using the product portal and other in-house tooling to troubleshoot product issues
- Reversing automation toolkits (including malware / bots found in wild) to develop robust detections
- Development of proactive detection and profiling scripts to mitigate threats from bots/automation
- Proactively identifying product improvements and contributions to detection/mitigation R&D
- Working with the Customer Support team to deliver security incident analysis to customers on demand as well as on schedule
- Produce quarterly Bot Reports for public consumption
- Experience reversing functionality based on code analysis (primarily JS)
- Basic proficiency in querying using Splunk / Elasticsearch-Kibana and SQL
- 2+ years of experience with web application security
- 2+ years in an IT role for a large enterprise where interaction with “The Business” was common
- 3+ cumulative years in a Customer Service role of any type
- Highly analytical and data-driven. Makes decisions based on objective information
- Written and verbal communication skills that can convey both technical, nontechnical and strategic descriptions for various situations and audience
- Generally flexible availability – able to work odd hours or hop on calls with short notice.
- An active member of the Information Security Community
- Avid Technology hobbyist
- High School Diploma or above
- You get to work on tough, interesting problems that impact the security landscape of the entire Internet, globally
- Combat large scale attacks of varying sophistication across the internet and have fun while doing it!
- A great, close-knit team who will respect and value your knowledge and past experience
- Opportunity to be influential to the growth of the product and the company, and have a direct impact on it as well as the Bot Economy of The Internet.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work location and hour arrangements.