Senior Data Engineer
Full-time | Sydney, Australia
Kasada is quickly establishing itself as a global leader in web security. Founded in Australia in 2015, we have forged a reputation fighting malicious automation.
In effectively and efficiently stopping bad bots, we protect against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Our platform, Kasada Polyform, gives customers unrivaled visibility and security of their web applications.
Leading enterprises across verticals, in Australia and North America, are turning to Kasada because the threat of malicious automation is boundary-less and ever-changing. In delivering security and peace of mind, we enable improved business benefits.
Our platform is more than HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting. We solve difficult problems on a daily basis on a massive scale. That’s why we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to join us and help shape the future of web security.
Kasada has attracted $4 million+ from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program. Their backing has supported us gaining our pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
As a data engineer working with our team in Sydney, you will be responsible for:
- Building data analysis pipelines to support both research and deriving near real time insights for our customers
- Design and develop cloud-based data services to handle large-scale datasets
- Shaping the technical direction for data hygiene and cloud architecture for the future
- Working across infrastructure, backend and machine learning
- Mentoring others and develop processes to improve the team as a whole
- We have a portal that enables users to configure, monitor, and perform analysis on the data captured by our security solution
- We’re multi-cloud, deploying to both AWS and Google Cloud with Kubernetes.
- Currently use a mix of Redis, Elasticsearch, Pub/Sub, S3
- We try to use the right tool for the job, and always value input and new ideas.
- Experience developing high availability, high throughput (thousands of requests per second) and low latency systems
- Experience building scalable data pipelines
- Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of data storage engines
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Strong linux, networking and application flows foundation
- You’re a pragmatist that can balance ‘getting it done’ with ‘doing it right’
- You’re passionate about mentoring, leading and growing teams
- Experience with functional programming or machine learning is a bonus
- Work on tough, interesting problems that impact the security landscape around the world
- A great, close-knit team who value your input and technical direction
- Competitive salary and opportunity to join employee equity plan
- Opportunity to be influential and have a big impact
- Flexible work arrangements.