Senior Data Engineer
Full-time | Sydney, Australia
Founded in 2015, Kasada is an Australian cybersecurity company dedicated to fighting malicious automation and enabling companies to protect their own and their customers data from these threats.
In three short years Kasada has established itself as a cybersecurity industry leader. Kasada’s Polyform platform gives customers unrivalled visibility and security of their web applications; and protects against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Kasada works with leading organisations in Australia and the USA in many verticals including retail, online gaming, financial services, media, ticketing and utilities.
As a leader in the bot mitigation space, we’ve built a platform that is more than just HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting, and we solve difficult problems on a daily basis at massive scale. We handle the traffic of some of the largest sites in Australia and the US, and we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to help us evolve our platform and practices.
Kasada has raised more than $4 million from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program, which has allowed it to quickly acquire a pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
Working at Kasada is more than a job. You’ll be joining a dynamic and innovative team helping evolve web application protection, delivering cybersecurity best-practices, and building amazing and impactful technology for our customers.
As a data engineer working with our team in Sydney, you will be responsible for:
- Building data analysis pipelines to support both research and deriving near real time insights for our customers
- Design and develop cloud-based data services to handle large-scale datasets
- Shaping the technical direction for data hygiene and cloud architecture for the future
- Working across infrastructure, backend and machine learning
- Mentoring others and develop processes to improve the team as a whole
- We have a portal that enables users to configure, monitor, and perform analysis on the data captured by our security solution
- We’re multi-cloud, deploying to both AWS and Google Cloud with Kubernetes.
- Currently use a mix of Redis, Elasticsearch, Pub/Sub, S3
- We try to use the right tool for the job, and always value input and new ideas.
- Experience developing high availability, high throughput (thousands of requests per second) and low latency systems
- Experience building scalable data pipelines
- Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of data storage engines
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Strong linux, networking and application flows foundation
- You’re a pragmatist that can balance ‘getting it done’ with ‘doing it right’
- You’re passionate about mentoring, leading and growing teams
- Experience with functional programming or machine learning is a bonus
- Work on tough, interesting problems that impact the security landscape around the world
- A great, close-knit team who value your input and technical direction
- Competitive salary and opportunity to join employee equity plan
- Opportunity to be influential and have a big impact
- Flexible work arrangements.