Senior Software Engineer
Full-time | Sydney, Australia
Founded in 2015, Kasada is an Australian cybersecurity company dedicated to fighting malicious automation and helping companies with assurance for next-generation digital experiences.
In three short years Kasada has established itself as a cybersecurity industry leader. Kasada’s Polyform platform gives customers unrivalled visibility and security of their web applications; and protects against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Kasada works with leading organisations in Australia and the USA in many verticals including retail, online gaming, financial services, media, ticketing and utilities.
As a leader in the bot mitigation space, we’ve built a platform that is more than just HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting, and we solve difficult problems on a daily basis at massive scale. We handle the traffic of some of the largest sites in Australia and the US, and we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to help us evolve our platform and practices.
Kasada has raised more than $4 million from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program, which has allowed it to quickly acquire a pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
Working at Kasada is more than a job. You’ll be joining a dynamic and innovative team helping evolve web application protection, delivering cybersecurity best-practices, and building amazing and impactful technology for our customers.
As a senior engineer working with our core product team in Sydney, you will be responsible for:
- Work across infrastructure and backend
- Design and develop our portal that enables users to configure, monitor, and perform analysis on the data captured by our security solution
- Architecting and implementing new features for our request processor written in Node
- Mentoring others and developing processes to improve the team as a whole
- Multiple NodeJS backends (Typescript)
- Angular 1 Web Components, some React (Typescript)
- We’re multi-cloud, deploying to both AWS and Google Cloud with Kubernetes.
- Redis, Elasticsearch, Pub/Sub, and other data stores
- We try to use the right tool for the job, and always value input and new ideas.
- Demonstrated experience developing high-performance, scalable systems
- Experience with data intensive applications
- You’re a pragmatist that can balance ‘getting it done’ with ‘doing it perfectly’
- You’re passionate about mentoring, leading and growing teams
- Experience with functional programming or security is a bonus
- Work on tough, interesting problems that impact the security landscape around the world
- A great, close-knit team who value your input and technical direction
- Competitive salary and opportunity to join employee equity plan
- Opportunity to be influential and have a big impact
- Flexible work arrangements