Business Development Manager
Full-time | Chicago, USA
Kasada is quickly establishing itself as a global leader in web security. Founded in Australia in 2015, we have forged a reputation fighting malicious automation.
In effectively and efficiently stopping bad bots, we protect against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Our platform, Kasada Polyform, gives customers unrivaled visibility and security of their web applications.
Leading enterprises across verticals, in Australia and North America, are turning to Kasada because the threat of malicious automation is boundary-less and ever-changing. In delivering security and peace of mind, we enable improved business benefits.
Our platform is more than HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting. We solve difficult problems on a daily basis on a massive scale. That’s why we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to join us and help shape the future of web security.
Kasada has attracted $4 million+ from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program. Their backing has supported us gaining our pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
Kasada is seeking an exceptional business development lead to help expand our breakthrough web security in the US.
Preamble: The Chicago BDM will be working closely with the Kasada US team to identify and generate new business opportunities across the region, as well as responding to inbound enquiries. A typical day for a Kasada Business Development Manager includes:
- Proactive prospecting to generate new leads, develop strategic relationships, demonstrate product, and close new business.
- Market and Company research to identify prospects and key contacts within accounts.
- Respond and qualify inbound web inquiries and marketing generated leads.
- Presentations at seminars about malicious automation to generate interest and new leads.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering team to schedule Customer Meetings and Technology Demonstrations.
- Manage and nurture a pipeline of interested prospects via CRM system.
- Pricing Proposals to customers and closing of sales opportunities.
- Create strategic sales plan in conjunction with Kasada Management and prioritize & manage time around plan.
As a Business Development Manager at Kasada, you will:
- Build and cultivate strategies and sales tactics in:
- Relationship development
- Presentation and delivery
- Negotiations and closing.
- Ensure corporate growth and profitability by developing new pipeline and closing deals.
- Work with the sales engineering team to close sales.
- Demonstrate Kasada Polyform to customers on site and remotely.
- Accelerate customer adoption.
- Work with partners to extend reach and drive adoption.
- Help eliminate sales obstacles using creative approaches
- Discover customer pain points and helping solve their problems.
- Develop ongoing relationships with customers and key partners.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of Kasada’s evolving technology.
- Provide customer account management support and help deliver smart customer management and customer targeting approaches.
You’re our ideal teammate if:
- You have 5+ years’ relevant experience in sales account management experience working for a technology vendor
- You know your stuff. Strong prospecting ability.
- Your skills and understanding of enterprise sales are awesome.
- You demonstrate a track record of achieving strong new business results.
- You have SaaS/Cloud experience and an extensive customer network
- You write and speak clearly and succinctly. You loathe waffle and jargon
- You’re driven to be part of a winning team
- You can travel up to 80%
- And, you’ll probably have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field.
Kasada offers a full suite of benefits and competitive compensation, including equity opportunities. And, yes, we’re an equal opportunity employer.