Mid-Senior Frontend Engineer
Full-time | Sydney, Australia
Kasada is quickly establishing itself as a global leader in web security. Founded in Australia in 2015, we have forged a reputation fighting malicious automation.
In effectively and efficiently stopping bad bots, we protect against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Our platform, Kasada Polyform, gives customers unrivaled visibility and security of their web applications.
Leading enterprises across verticals, in Australia and North America, are turning to Kasada because the threat of malicious automation is boundary-less and ever-changing. In delivering security and peace of mind, we enable improved business benefits.
Our platform is more than HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting. We solve difficult problems on a daily basis on a massive scale. That’s why we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to join us and help shape the future of web security.
Kasada has attracted $4 million+ from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program. Their backing has supported us gaining our pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
As a Frontend Engineer working with our Product team in Sydney, you will:
- design and implement new features in our Product Portal – which lets customers monitor, analyse and configure our traffic processor.
- work with design, product management and other engineers in a small team to implement end-to-end features.
- encounter interesting challenges with near real-time data-viz and state-management on the frontend
- help cultivate front-end expertise among the development team
- Deep understanding of HTML, JS, and CSS.
- Experience with Angular 1.x.
- Experience with React.
- Experience with static typing.
- Experience with the product and design lifecycle (e.g. taking a design to implementation).
- Understanding of browsers and their event model.
- Experience scaling frontend CSS.
- Have a deep passion for learning and improving.
- Clear communication, able to adapt your communication level and style to your audience.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Experience with design systems.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with headless browsers (for testing or otherwise).
- Deep knowledge of how browsers operate w.r.t. JS execution and CSS layout/rendering.
- Understanding of frontend state management (e.g. Redux).
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS).
- Knowledge of UX fundamentals.
- Experience with JS build systems (e.g. Webpack).
- Experience with frontend data visualisation.
- Experience mentoring other team members.
- You get to work on tough, interesting problems, impacting the security landscape of the entire Internet
- Join a great, close-knit team who will respect and value your knowledge and past experience
- Be part of an Australian web security vendor that is gaining an international reputation
- Competitive salary and opportunity to join employee equity plan
- Flexible work arrangements.