Lead Software Engineer (Core Product)
Full-time | Sydney, Australia
Founded in 2015, Kasada is an Australian cybersecurity company dedicated to fighting malicious automation and enabling companies to protect their own and their customers data from these threats.
In three short years Kasada has established itself as a cybersecurity industry leader. Kasada’s Polyform platform gives customers unrivalled visibility and security of their web applications; and protects against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Kasada works with leading organisations in Australia and the USA in many verticals including retail, online gaming, financial services, media, ticketing and utilities.
As a leader in the bot mitigation space, we’ve built a platform that is more than just HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting, and we solve difficult problems on a daily basis at massive scale. We handle the traffic of some of the largest sites in Australia and the US, and we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to help us evolve our platform and practices.
Kasada has raised more than $4 million from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program, which has allowed it to quickly acquire a pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
Working at Kasada is more than a job. You’ll be joining a dynamic and innovative team helping evolve web application protection, delivering cybersecurity best-practices, and building amazing and impactful technology for our customers.
The engineering lead for our core product team is key to our next phase of growth. It’s an opportunity for the right person to solve high-impact and challenging problems and make a mark in the cyber security industry.
Reporting to the CEO, the role is responsible for leading the product team. The product team works with platform and security research teams closely with Product Management to design end-to-end solutions whilst minimising complexity.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience leading and scaling a high performing engineering/security team
- Experience designing and developing both highly scalable and data intensive applications
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with web security and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos) is a bonus.
- Multiple NodeJS backends (Typescript)
- Angular 1 Web Components, some React (Typescript)
- We’re multi-cloud, deploying to both AWS and Google Cloud with Kubernetes.
- Redis, Elasticsearch, Pub/Sub, and other data stores
- We try to use the right tool for the job, and always value input and new ideas.
- Enjoy complex ideas and concepts, and simplifying the design of systems
- Enjoy ‘hands-on’ development, whilst having growing leadership & management experience
- Want to foster a strong engineering culture and demonstrate best practice
- Are looking to make a global impact
- Are passionate about cybersecurity
- Want to be part of a high growth, Australian company changing the way organisations prevent malicious automation.
- Work on tough, interesting problems that impact the security landscape around the world
- A great, close-knit team who value your input and technical direction
- Competitive salary and opportunity to join employee equity plan
- Opportunity to be influential and have a big impact
- Flexible work arrangements