Site Reliability Engineer
Full-time | Sydney, Australia
Founded in 2015, Kasada is an Australian cybersecurity company dedicated to fighting malicious automation and enabling companies to protect their own and their customers data from these threats.
In three short years Kasada has established itself as a cybersecurity industry leader. Kasada’s Polyform platform gives customers unrivalled visibility and security of their web applications; and protects against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Kasada works with leading organisations in Australia and the USA in many verticals including retail, online gaming, financial services, media, ticketing and utilities.
As a leader in the bot mitigation space, we’ve built a platform that is more than just HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting, and we solve difficult problems on a daily basis at massive scale. We handle the traffic of some of the largest sites in Australia and the US, and we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to help us evolve our platform and practices.
Kasada has raised more than $4 million from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program, which has allowed it to quickly acquire a pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
Working at Kasada is more than a job. You’ll be joining a dynamic and innovative team helping evolve web application protection, delivering cybersecurity best-practices, and building amazing and impactful technology for our customers.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work on infrastructure for our web security service. Our current focus is on making our system more scalable and robust to handle extremely high traffic.
- Experience in site reliability engineering / devops
- Building high performance sites on the internet, that scale without single points of failure
- Understanding of complex systems, and the ability to troubleshoot problems on multiple levels (e.g. looking at network traffic, app code, server code, down to the operating systems level)
- A comprehensive understanding of network protocols across multiple layers
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Various systems written in Python, Go and other languages
- Redis, Elasticsearch and other data stores
We’re looking for people that have experience with some of these things. It’s ok if you haven’t used these specific ones. Our environment isn’t what anyone would have run 5 years ago
- Linux facing a lot of malicious internet traffic
- Automating everything.
- Configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, cfengine etc.)
- nginx / varnish / haproxy / apache etc.
- Monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus / Nagios)
- CI + CD driven development. Test all the things.
- Deploying across cloud providers like AWS or Google Cloud
- Container orchestration (e.g Kubernetes)
We’re a small, close knit team working mainly out of our Sydney office. We’re sustainably funded. We don’t want to go to work to make snake oil.
- Your peers are technical and value everyone’s input.
- Competitive salary with equity.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Work in a cool space with plants and mechanical keyboards close to Central Station.