Full-time | Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
Kasada is quickly establishing itself as a global leader in web security. Founded in Australia in 2015, we have forged a reputation fighting malicious automation.
In effectively and efficiently stopping bad bots, we protect against online theft, fraud and service disruption attempts. Our platform, Kasada Polyform, gives customers unrivaled visibility and security of their web applications.
Leading enterprises across verticals, in Australia and North America, are turning to Kasada because the threat of malicious automation is boundary-less and ever-changing. In delivering security and peace of mind, we enable improved business benefits.
Our platform is more than HTTP header filtering and IP rate limiting. We solve difficult problems on a daily basis on a massive scale. That’s why we’re looking for creative and passionate technologists to join us and help shape the future of web security.
Kasada has attracted $4 million+ from venture capital funds Reinventure (Westpac) and Our Innovation Fund, angel investors, and the Australian Government’s Accelerating Commercialisation Program. Their backing has supported us gaining our pre-eminent position and expand internationally.
As a security engineer working with our team in Australia, you will be responsible for:
- Performing analysis on HTTP traffic logs and correlate with web browser environments to identify current and emerging threat landscapes and actors
- Using the product portal and other in-house tooling to troubleshoot product issues
- Reversing automation toolkits (including malware / bots found in wild) to develop robust detections
- Development of proactive detection and profiling scripts to mitigate threats from bots/automation
- Proactively identifying product improvements and contributions to detection/mitigation R&D
- Working with the Customer Support team to deliver security incident analysis to customers on demand as well as on schedule
- Produce quarterly Bot Reports for public consumption
- Experience reversing functionality based on code analysis (primarily JS)
- Basic proficiency in querying using Splunk / Elasticsearch-Kibana and SQL
- 2+ years of experience with web application security
- 2+ years in an IT role for a large enterprise where interaction with “The Business” was common
- 3+ cumulative years in a Customer Service role of any type
- Highly analytical and data-driven. Makes decisions based on objective information
- Written and verbal communication skills that can convey both technical, nontechnical and strategic descriptions for various situations and audience
- Generally flexible availability – able to work odd hours or hop on calls with short notice.
- An active member of the Information Security Community
- Avid Technology hobbyist
- High School Diploma or above
- You get to work on tough, interesting problems that impact the security landscape of the entire Internet, globally
- Combat large scale attacks of varying sophistication across the internet and have fun while doing it!
- A great, close-knit team who will respect and value your knowledge and past experience
- Opportunity to be influential to the growth of the product and the company, and have a direct impact on it as well as the Bot Economy of The Internet.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work location and hour arrangements.